Facts about COVID-19 vaccination you might not know
1. The health risks from infection are far greater than from vaccination.
2. Even healthy young people can get severely ill, die, or have long-term negative effects from COVID-19 infection.
3. COVID-19 vaccines don’t stay in your body. They teach your immune system to fight the virus and then they disappear. In contrast, if you get COVID-19, you’re going to have billions and billions of copies of the virus in your body for at least 7-10 days.
4. Nearly every doctor who has been offered a COVID-19 vaccine got it as soon as it was available to them.
5. The more of us who get vaccinated, the faster we can get everyone back to work and rebuild our economy.
6. With an increase in vaccinations, we can save at least 100,000 U.S. residents who would otherwise be killed by COVID-19.
Source: Tom Frieden, MD, former director of the CDC and currently CEO of Resolve to Save Lives.